Set up a Local Flood Action Group
If your community is frequently flooded it might be worth setting up a local flood group.
The National Flood Forum lists the benefits of setting up a local flood group which can:
- Address concerns over malfunctioning assets/and other issues
- Be constantly in touch with what is intended for their community
- Know procedures that are already in place regards routine maintenance
- Have a voice as to the future flood risk of their community through consultation
- Instigate ‘flood watchers’
- Create awareness of flood risk to the wider community
- Prepare to reduce the impact on the community should a flood event occur.
Find out how to form a flood group on the National Flood Forum website.
Current flood groups in Worcestershire
- Astley Flood Action Group
- Bewdley Residents Flood Committee
- Charlton Flood Action Group
- Himbleton Flood Action Group
- Kempsey Flood Action Group
- Kempsey Flood Forum
- Riddings Brook Flood Group
- Sedgeberrow Flood Group
- Severn Stoke Flood Alleviation Group
- Tenbury Wells Flood Action Group
- Uckinghall Flood Action Group
- Upton upon Severn Flood Forum
- Wick Flood Alleviation Committee
- Wolverley Flood Forum
Please contact the Flood Risk Management Team if you would like to add your flood group to this page.