What ID do I need?
Over 60s and residents with a disability will simply need to show their English Concessionary Travel Passes to be entitled to the applicable concessions. Under 19s will need to prove how old they are to the driver on boarding the bus by using one of the identification documents outlined below.
If you are a resident in Worcestershire you are entitled to a bus pass if one or more of the following apply:
- based on age - if you were born after 5 April 1950, the age you become eligible is tied to changes in the State Pension age for women this affects both men and women you can check when you'll become eligible by entering your sex and date of birth into the State Pension age calculator (opens in a new window) on the DirectGov website
- you are blind or partially sighted
- you are profoundly or severely deaf
- you are without speech
- you have a disability or injury which seriously impairs your ability to walk
- you do not have the use of both arms
- you have a learning disability
- you have had your driving licence refused or revoked on medical or physical grounds
- you require a companion to travel with you
All children under 5 travel free on the Park and Ride services when accompanied by an adult.
Those aged between 5 and 19 can travel at the reduced rate but will need to provide a suitable proof of age. The recommended form of ID is the Citizencard (opens in a new window), which costs £12.00 in the UK. The following forms of identification will also be accepted by the bus driver:
- valid Driving License
- valid Railcard
- valid school or further education bus or rail passes
- valid Passport
Residents with a Disability
Passengers with a disability meeting the criteria of the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) are eligible for a concessionary travel pass which should be shown at the time of travel.
Holders of Disabled Passes issued by a Worcestershire TCA meeting certain additional criteria are entitled to be accompanied by a companion for journeys commencing in Worcestershire.
Terms and Conditions
- proof of age will be required for those wishing to purchase under 19 tickers, and a Worcestershire or English
- the ticket is valid for travel in the designated services ONLY
- daily tickets are valid on the day of the issue
- weekly tickets are valid for one week which includes day of issue (day one), and finished at the last service of the seventh day (regardless of level of services offered on each weekday)
- monthly tickets are valid for one calendar month which includes day of issue and finishes at the last service one calendar month later
- the ticket issued is subject to the published conditions of the bus operating company
- no refund or replacement will be made in respect of: lost, stolen, destroyed, illegible, unused or part used tickets
- misuse of the tickets will result in its withdrawal
- the boundary points or participating operators may be amended by notices displayed on buses or by other publicity