Before you start check if you are eligible
You may be eligible for a concessionary Disabled Bus Pass if you:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a long term disability or injury which seriously impairs your ability to walk
- do not have the use of both arms
- have a learning disability and/or be registered with Adult and Community Services
- have had your driving license refused or revoked on medical or physical grounds.
If you qualify you should apply a minimum of 28 working days before you need your new bus pass.
You will then need the following
Please note: In order to prove your eligibility, all applicants will need to provide the following:
1. A photograph of yourself
- The photo should be a passport style photo, which is focused on the face, and in colour.
- You can read about photograph requirements in the How to Upload Photos section on the concession website.
- If you are unable to upload your photograph then you can post a photo to us however please be aware that posting your photo may delay the processing of your application. Postal details are available at the end of this page.
2. Proof of address in Worcestershire
Choose one of the following:
- a copy of a utility bill from within the last year
- a copy of a bank or credit card statement from within the last year
- a copy of a Council Tax bill from within the last year
- a copy of your driving licence
3. Proof of Eligibility
To qualify, you will need to provide a copy of proof of one of the following:
- proof of disability. We will accept a copy of one of the following: Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance. Or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with a score of 8 points or more for the 'moving around' activity under the mobility component. The award date should not have expired and the evidence should be dated within the last 12 months.
- War pensioner's mobility supplement
- Blind/disabled person's certificate of registration
- evidence of registration with other relevant bodies, such as the RNIB
- proof of registration with Adult and Community Services (Learning disability/mental health)
- proof of receipt of special education i.e. 'a copy of your statement of Special Education Needs (SEN)' or copy of an 'Education Health Care Plan' EHCP
- evidence of attendance at/or association with a local learning disability organisation.
- evidence from the DVLA confirming that your driving licence has been revoked on Medical Grounds or, alternatively, supply medical evidence to show that if you were to apply for a driving licence, you would have your application refused, otherwise than on the ground of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.
- medical evidence from a specialist consultant, or independent medical professional, confirming your disability may also be considered.
Help with your online application
If you need time to collect the evidence together, or are helping a relative you can download and print the Disabled Bus Pass evidence and eligibility criteriabefore you make the application online.
During the application process there will be an option to upload the documents requested. Help on how to do this is provided within the application or see our Photo Upload Help pages for more information.
Once you have completed your application you can expect to receive your new pass within 28 working days (unless we require any further information from you, in which case we will be in touch).
If you are unable to submit your photograph or evidence online:
You will need to complete the online application and then please clearly write the online reference number (which you will receive on completion of your online application) on the reverse of all correspondence along with your name and postcode.
Please post to:
Concessionary Travel Customer Services Administration Team
PO Box 895