The ZEBRA (Zero Emission Bus Regional Area) scheme provide up to £120 million for local transport authorities (LTAs), outside London, to support the introduction of zero-emission buses and the infrastructure needed to support them.
Worcestershire County Council has submitted an Expression of Interest which will:
- support the government’s commitment to decarbonisation and to reduce the transport sector’s contribution to CO2 emissions
- support the roll-out of the 4,000 Zero Emission Buses
- support bus manufacturers and other related suppliers in the development of zero emission bus technology
- showcase the high ambition that Worcestershire County Council has for working with partners to improve bus services within the area
- provide innovative ways to overcome challenges of introducing zero emission buses and supporting infrastructure and change the way monitoring and evaluation data is presented