Paid Supported Work Placements
Available in many of our larger libraries, these opportunities equip people with new skills, and increase the likelihood of them gaining paid employment.
Work experience is a great way to develop your skillset and explore potential career opportunities and boost your CV.
A variety of placements are available, short-term and long term.
We are a member of 'The Family Firm' and offer a variety of bespoke Customer Service placements for looked after children and care leavers.
Contact a library for more details about our opportunities.
We are looking for volunteers to help out in a range of different roles.
What can volunteers do?
- meet and greet library customers
- shelving, tidying and unpacking items
- help run Job Clubs
- provide IT support to customers (Digital Champions)
- get involved in community interest groups (charities to run library premises)
- help run social connecting groups in libraries such as creative writing groups and Knit and Knatter
- help run social connecting groups online such as Library Connect Bubbles
- choose and deliver books to elderly / vulnerable customers as part of Library Service at Home
- help at a one off library event
- help run the Summer Reading Challenge for children between June and September
- help tackle loneliness in the community through the Reading Friends scheme
How to Apply
No one is excluded from volunteering, however, we do need to ask for references and there is a legal requirement that for some activities with children or vulnerable people volunteers will be subject to DBS clearance. If you are interested applying for a volunteer role at Worcestershire Libraries, please download and complete a Volunteer Application From below or speak to a member of staff at your local library.
Please return completed Volunteer Application Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or a member of library staff at your nearest library. If you are applying to volunteer for the Reading Friends Scheme, please return your application to email@example.com