Work experience placements are available at libraries throughout Worcestershire.
Short or long-term work experience placements are a great way to develop your skillset, explore potential career opportunities and boost your CV.
If you would like to enquire about work experience opportunities at Worcestershire libraries email: firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with a member of staff at your local library.
Volunteering can be a great way to gain confidence, develop your own skillset or use your existing skills and knowledge to help others. Volunteering can also help improve general health and wellbeing, providing opportunities to stay connected with others and develop a sense of purpose and achievement.
Worcestershire libraries offer a variety of volunteering opportunities to support delivery of library services and special community projects:
- Customer Service Volunteer - meet and greet library customers / shelving, tidying and processing stock
- Digital Champion Volunteer – provide digital support to library customers and use IT knowledge to support community projects
- Library Service at Home Volunteer - choose books and/or deliver them to customer’s homes
- Reading Friends Volunteer - help tackle loneliness and social isolation in the community by supporting our Reading Friends Scheme. Make 1:1 keep in touch calls, support social connecting groups in libraries such as Knit and Knatter and reading groups and online such as Library Connect Bubbles.
- Library Events Volunteer – help run regular or one-off library events – in physical spaces and online
- Summer Reading Challenge Volunteer – support children taking part in the Summer Reading Challenge between June and September.
- Volunteer Co-ordinator at The Hive – Worcester
How to apply
If you’d like to be part of our library volunteer community get in touch!
No one is excluded from volunteering, however, we do ask for references and some roles are subject to a DBS clearance.
If you are interested in applying for a volunteer role at Worcestershire Libraries, please complete an application form below
Alternatively, you can download and print the application forms below
Please return completed Volunteer Application Forms to email@example.com or hand to a member of library staff at your nearest library.