Borrowing library books is free, but if you keep the books past their due date, late fees will apply. A full list of fees and charges can be found below.
We send email reminders to customers when books are due for return. Please make sure your library account details are up to date with your correct contact information.
You can renew books online or by telephone. You will not be charged late fees on the days that your library is closed.
Pay library charges and fees
pay online using a debit or credit card by logging in to your library account (opens in a new window)
click the fines tab, select the items you wish to pay and click ‘pay selected’
your payment will be taken via the Worcestershire County Council secure online payment facility
- pay in a library, you can pay by cash or card at your nearest library; speak to a member of library staff for assistance
Charges for returning books after the due date:
Adults (18+) 17p per book per day overdue.
- you will not be charged late fees on the days that your library is closed
- children's items borrowed using an adults card will be charged at adult rates
- replacement charges will be made for items not returned, damaged or lost
University of Worcester fees and charges:
If you are a University of Worcester student, please visit the University site for information about fees and charges for University book (University of Worcester, opens in a new window).
Item replacement charges:
If you lose your library book, damage it, or fail to return it, you will be charged for a replacement.
Replacement library card charges:
- adults (18+): £1.10 per replacement cards
- children: first replacement free, subsequent replacements 55p
- adults (18+): 80p for items in stock at any county library
- children (up to 18th birthday): free for items in stock at any county library
- inter-library loan: items not in county stock and obtained by Inter-Library Loan are priced according to suppliers current charges; renewal charges may also apply
To enquire about Inter-Library Loans, please speak to a member of staff at your local library.
- borrowing DVDs, CDs and Spoken Word
- music CDs: £1.40 for 2 weeks
- spoken word (talking books): £1.40 for 3 weeks
- DVDs: U, PG or 12: £1.40 per week
- DVDs: 15 or 18: £1.90 per week
- 1 Hour and under: £1.00 per week
- Blu-Ray DVDs: £2.60 per week
Please also note there is a charge of £5 for a lost printed insert of any of these items.
Printing and photocopying
- A4 Black and White: 15p per side
- A4 Colour: 50p per side
- A3 Black and White: 25p per side
- A3 Colour: 85p per side
Scanning facilities are available in some libraries.
Microfilm/Fiche Reader/printer copies
- A4 sheet: 85p per side
- A3 sheet: £1.40 per side
Please note these services not available in all libraries.
Items for sale
Some libraries offer these products for sale:
- USB Memory Stick (4GB): £5.99
- earphones: £1.60
- Readyspex®: as priced
- Magnifying Sheet: £2.10