Libraries and Learning
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information, 12 February 2021
Worcestershire Libraries continue to provide services to customers throughout national lockdown:
- libraries remain open to provide essential IT and digital services to residents who cannot get online at home during national lockdown
- libraries are currently closed for browsing and borrowing but the free Reserve and Collect service and Digital Library ensures books can still be borrowed
- return date for all existing loans has been extended until 12 April 2021; no fines or reservation fees will be applied during this time
- the mobile library service is currently suspended, and study desks are unavailable until further notice
- visit The Digital Library Hub for 24/7 access to a range of online library services, events and activities
- if you are not a library member, it is quick and easy to sign up for digital membership online
- revised opening hours are in operation at many libraries, please check your local library page for up to date details
- as soon as it is safe, libraries will bring more services back into libraries to help residents affected by coronavirus
Reserve and Collect Service – Reserve books for free using the normal online reservation process or by calling the Customer Contact Centre: tel: 01905 822722 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm).
Children’s Book Bundle – Parents and carers can request a ‘6-book bundle’, suitable for children in Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, by completing the Reserve and Collect online form (opens in a new window) or by calling the Customer Contact Centre: tel: 01905 822722 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm).
Digital Library – Customers can download eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines from the Digital Library.
Book a computer:
Customers can book a 50-minute computer session at a library using the ‘Book a Computer’ button below or by calling the Customer Contact Centre: tel: 01905 822722 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm).
Worcestershire Library Strategy
Our Library Strategy which sets out a vision for Worcestershire libraries from 2020 to 2025 has been approved by councillors.
The strategy will shape how library services evolve to meet the changing needs of residents over the next five years. Work has begun to plan how the strategy will be implemented.
Download: Worcestershire Library Strategy