Here2Help Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to Here2Help provided by Worcestershire County Council to support community response for people in need of health and wellbeing support. This notice should be read in addition to Worcestershire County Council's Full Privacy Notice.
Purpose for processing
Worcestershire County Council will collect and use your personal information in order to include your details in the central hub of information about support and resources available for individuals who are seeking health and wellbeing support.
The council will collect and use your personal information in order to manage and mitigate the spread and impact of the current outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid-19):
- to protect public health
- to provide public health and social care services to the public
- to monitor and manage the Covid-19 outbreak and incidents of exposure.
- for the purposes of research, health and social care data, including ‘confidential patient information’ including physical/mental health
Information collected and processed will enable the Council to fulfil our obligations to keep people safe, ensure contingency plans, aid business continuity, and safeguard those considered high risk or vulnerable as a result of the outbreak.
We will periodically check with you that the details we hold about your organisation, including your contact details and the services you are able to offer are still accurate
Personal information collected and lawful basis
The Council will collect only the personal information we need to facilitate this service. We will collect or process:
- your name
- details of your organisation and the support or resources you can offer
- your contact details (email address, phone number)
- your address and postcode
The legal bases for processing this personal information are:
- task in the public interest under the official authority of the Controller
- consent of the individuals
Who we may share your information with
We may need to share the personal information you have given to us or we’ve collected about you with partner organisations and other third parties where relevant. These include but are not limited to:
- if you agree, your details will be included on our public-facing Hub on our Website and available to members of the public.
- other Councils if they may be able utilise the help or support you are able to provide
- voluntary, community, charity organisations or businesses if they may be able to utilise the help or support you are able to provide
- NHS services if they may be able to utilise the help or support you are able to provide
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.
How long we will hold your information
We will hold personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes it has been collected for. More information about our retention periods can be found in our summary Disposal Schedule (Excel file).
Please note that any stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our Make a Data Protection Request webpage to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
If you no longer want your organisation to be listed or included Here 2 Help 2, or you wish to update your details please contact 01905 765765.
Please see our overarching Privacy Notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated on 3 March 2021.