Waste Core Strategy Preparation Archive
In Summer 2008 we commenced work on the Waste Core Strategy:
- Summer 2008 - Autumn 2008: We updated background evidence and prepared and consulted on the Refreshed Issues and Options report.
- Spring - Summer 2009: We took into account the comments made during the consultation on the Refreshed Issues and Options paper and prepared the Emerging Preferred Options paper.
- November 2009 - February 2010: We consulted on Emerging Preferred Options paper.
- Spring - Summer 2010: We took into account the comments made during the consultation on the Emerging Preferred Options paper and prepared the First Draft Submission consultation document.
- September - November 2010: We consulted on First Draft Submission consultation document.
- Late 2010 - Early 2011: All comments received on the First Draft Submission consultation document were considered and a response document was published. These comments were taken into account in preparing the Waste Core Strategy Publication Document.
- April - May 2011: We consulted on the Publication Document (Regulation 27).
- May - July 2011: All representations received on the Publication Document were considered and an initial response document was produced.
- Summer 2011: We negotiated with a number of consultees who submitted representations on the soundness and legal compliance of the Waste Core Strategy during the Publication Document (Regulation 27) consultation (which was held from March to May 2011).
These negotiations revealed that further Habitats Regulations Assessment of the Waste Core Strategy was required to ensure that the Waste Core Strategy complies with the requirements of The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010. This work was completed and was set out in an Addendum to the Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Winter 2011: As the Addendum to the Habitats Regulations Assessment formed new evidence, the Planning Inspector advised us that we should consult the public on this document and the changes to the Waste Core Strategy which are required in light of it. This gave the Council an opportunity to make a number of other changes which address the majority of the representations which were received. These were set out in the Addendum to the Submission Document.
- Winter 2011 to Spring 2012: The Waste Core Strategy was submitted to the Secretary of State. He appointed a Planning Inspector to examine the 'soundness' and legal compliance of the Strategy. Hearing sessions were held from 13th to 16th March 2012.
- Summer 2012: On 20th July 2012 the Inspector issued his report on the Waste Core Strategy. The Inspector's report and Appendix concluded that with the recommended main modifications set out, the strategy is 'sound' and legally compliant.
- Autumn 2012: The Council adopted the Waste Core Strategy Local Plan at the full Council meeting on 15th November 2012. The Waste Core Strategy is now part of the Development Plan.