The Worcestershire Local Sustainable Transport Fund
The Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF) was announced
by the Government in 2010, as part of the Local Transport White
Paper. The aim of the fund is to help build strong local economies
and address the urgent challenges of climate change.
A fund of £560 million of both capital and resource funding
was made available over a four-year period to 2014 to
All English Local Transport Authorities outside of London were
eligible to bid for funding, however, the Department for
Transport urged Local Transport Authorities to ensure that their
bids were proportionate, so that the benefits of this fund were
experienced by as many local areas as possible.
'Choose how you move in Redditch'
Worcestershire County Council submitted a bid to the LSTF entitled 'Choose how
you move in Redditch'. This bid built on the highly successful
'Choose how you move'
programme which was conducted in the City of Worcester, and will
see this innovative approach brought to Worcestershire's second
biggest settlement: Redditch The bid was for just over
£3,500,000, and proposed the following initiatives
- Enhancing access to broadband Internet and promoting
- Investment in information kiosks to improve access to travel
- A series of events to promote the use of sustainable
- A programme of individual travel marketing and planning for up
to 27,000 households.
- An intensive marketing campaign to promote sustainable modes of
- Travel training for teens and young adults.
- Travel training for vulnerable adults.
- A school sustainable travel intervention programme for six
schools and colleges.
- A workplace sustainable travel intervention programme for four
- Improvements to walking and cycling routes (including signage)
to improve safety and security.
- A scheme on Evesham Road, to stop rat running, congestion and
deteriorating air quality and improve the reliability and
commerciality of the bus network in western Redditch.
- Passenger transport infrastructure enhancements.
On 7th July, 2011, the Department for Transport announced that
Worcestershire County Council had been successful in its bid, and
was awarded £2,815,000 to develop and deliver this proposed package
how you move in Redditch
, the Worcestershire LSTF bid and
appendices can be downloaded using the links below:
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
Share this Page
This page was last reviewed 24 July 2013 at 14:01.
The page is next due for review 20 January 2015.