Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:


An advocate is someone who will act on your behalf and help and support you to make your wishes and views known.

If you would like help in making your complaint please contact Jackie Goodman who will be able to put you in touch with an advocate who is independent of the local authority (a professional advocate).  VOICE can help you in saying the things you need to say.

The contact details are: 

Freephone: 08088005792     

Children and young people sometimes want to choose their own advocate eg. a teacher, relative, carer, friend (an informal advocate).  If this person is not known to the Children's Social Care Services Directorate, checks may have to be carried out to ensure that he/she is an appropriate person to carry out the role of an advocate.

An informal advocate may know you better whereas a professional advocate will probably have more of an understanding of the complaints procedure and the way in which Children's Social Care Services operate.

If you want any further details please contact Jackie Goodman on 01905 766366

Further Information

In this section

More Information

See also in our website

External websites

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 15 May 2013 at 16:43.
The page is next due for review 11 November 2014.