Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
How to Complain

Complaints Procedure

Sometimes things go wrong. When they do we need to know, so we can put them right.

You can complain

  • About any part of the service we offer you which you are not happy with.
  • If there is a service or assessment you think you need that we have not offered you.
  • If any action, attitude or behaviour of a member of staff has affected you, or someone close to you.
  • About any other matter reasonably connected with the exercise of the Council's social services function.

What happens when we receive your complaint:

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days.  We will then contact you to discuss your complaint, what outcomes you want to achieve, the best method of dealing with it, and timescales.

There are a number of methods we can use to try and resolve your complaint, including referring it to the Team Manager responsible for the service, holding a meeting to discuss your concerns and seek a solution, conciliation, or investigation.

If we have agreed a method of dealing with your complaint, but it becomes apparent that your complaint is more complex or serious, then we may suggest a better method to use.  For example if your complaint is referred to the Team Manager for a quick resolution, but it is found that there are some more serious aspects to the complaint, then we may suggest conducting an investigation instead to ensure that we deal with your concerns thoroughly, and try to achieve an appropriate resolution.

Once we have dealt with your complaint a response letter will be sent to you within the agreed timescales.  If an investigation is carried out then you will also receive a copy of the report.

If after this you are dissatisfied with the Council's response to your complaint you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Other ways to complain:

You can discuss your complaint with your local County Councillor or MP (addresses from the county council, your local CAB or library). Or you can go directly to the Local Government Ombudsman at: PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH.  Tel: 0845 602 1983.

However, the Ombudsman will expect you to have given the Social Care Services a chance to deal with it first.

For independent help: Contact Onside Independent Advocacy (01905 27525)

Want to know more?
If you want more information or help, please ring the Consumer Relations Officer (Adult Social Care Services).   Tel: 01905 766365

Further Information

In this section

More Information

See also in our website

External websites

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 15 May 2013 at 16:43.
The page is next due for review 11 November 2014.