Upskilling and developing your current workforce is a beneficial way to increase employee productivity and decrease staff turnover. There are a variety of grants and programmes available to Worcestershire businesses in order to support you in growing and developing your workforce.
Looking to take on an Apprentice?
Support our young people to gain employment opportunities
Worcestershire County Council is Working with Worcestershire LEP to help the region’s economy to recover from the financial effects of Covid 19, and support our young people to gain employment opportunities by funding a pot of £250k for apprenticeships training costs.
Worcestershire County Council are keen to support
- addressing skills shortages in Worcestershire
- creating apprenticeships for disadvantaged groups – Care leavers, Young people with Special Educational Needs
- enabling community and voluntary organisations to enhance stability in their workforce
Employers have to be
- organisations based in Worcestershire serving Worcestershire residents
- paying Worcestershire Business rates
- organisations whose application aligns and supports Worcestershire’s Growth agenda, as per the LEP’s Strategic Economic Plan
- using a Worcestershire Based Training Provider when delivering the apprenticeship programme