The ‘Inspiring Worcestershire: Creating our Future Workforce’ campaign was launched by Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership (WLEP) in conjunction with Worcestershire County Council.
The campaign aims to reduce the county’s skills gap and raise awareness of the employment opportunities in Worcestershire. The campaign will do this by encouraging businesses to get involved with developing Worcestershire’s skilled workforce of the future by linking with Worcestershire’s educational establishments and pledging their support to them.
Worcestershire LEP and Worcestershire County Council recognise the need for a skilled workforce of tomorrow and that young people need help to understand their skills and how they fit in the future Worcestershire economic picture. This campaign asks businesses to help educate and shape our young people to make positive careers choices for Worcestershire.
Businesses of all sizes in Worcestershire can get involved with the campaign in a variety of ways. Commitment can be as little as one hour or one day a year, but this involvement could make the difference to a young person in choosing their future careers.
Below are some examples of how companies and organisations can get involved:
- assembly talks in schools
- supporting young people with mock interviews and CV workshops
- attending Careers Fairs and the Worcestershire Skills Show
- opening doors to young people to see the work environment
- offering a young person, a work experience or internship opportunity whilst they are studying
- employing a young person as an apprentice
- becoming an Enterprise Adviser and supporting an educational establishment to facilitate meaningful careers activity for students
Why should businesses get involved?
By taking part businesses can help to inspire young people to consider a career in their industry or business, potentially recruit an intern or apprentice, utilise an opportunity for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and be part of local and regional press & social media opportunities. Businesses will get to engage with local students and help them develop their career aspirations and skills, whilst potentially also developing their staff of the future.
Contact email@example.com for more information