Here2Help Business: Adapt - Tourism business support
The Adapt Tourism programme, delivered by View from the Hill Consulting, to help grow and develop your business. Nicky Hewitt and her team will draw on a wide range of commercial, coaching and tourism experience to help support local businesses within the tourism sector as we open up over the summer and beyond. The programme of activity aims to help companies and operators to come back stronger, realising their full potential for 2021 and building a sustainable model for 2022 onwards.
The programme offers two forms of support to help Tourism SMEs: One to One Bespoke Consultancy and Seminar Workshops.
One to One Bespoke Consultancy
These one-hour individual support sessions are available to be booked directly with View from the Hill at a time convenient to you both:
- a single one-hour session can provide the opportunity to ask questions on any aspect of your business and gain quick, direct answers in line with current best practice and signposting to further information or support if required
- a number of hour sessions may be combined to provide a more in-depth review of your business model, strategy and planning or to address particular challenges that your business is facing:
Subjects you may wish to cover include:
- business purpose, structure, and operating models
- sales and marketing
- improving efficiency, including payments
- leadership and coaching
Once approved Nicky will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time.
A series of 75 minute workshops aimed at helping SME tourism businesses’ grow and thrive. Each session will have a maximum of 5 attendees, be delivered online and be fully interactive to ensure it is practical and relevant.
All attendees will be offered an additional one hour individual session with consultants, View from the Hill, to action plan and further explore the issues raised.
Our summer workshops received great feedback - “It was excellent”, “Great opportunity to discuss lots of issues …Lots to think about”.
Workshop 1 – Increasing Profitability in 2022
How to analyse your business to maximise profits
Product mix – volume and value offers, using easy tools such as the Boston Matrix to better understand your business
Cost analysis – understanding your true costs
Profitability and productivity – using analysis to help you do more of the things that are most profitable so that your business becomes more productive.
Plus a tourism update – latest intel from Visit Britain looking at 2022 trends.
Dates and times:
Tuesday 9 November: 10.00am to 11.15am, book a place to workshop 2 morning session (Worcestershire Business Events Portal, opens in a new window)
Tuesday 9 November: 2.00pm to 3.15pm, book a place to workshop 2 afternoon session (Worcestershire Business Events Portal, opens in a new window)
Workshop 2 – How to Diversify and Create New Revenue Streams
What to consider and how to plan when diversifying your offer
When to consider diversification
Laying the foundations
Coping with the unexpected
Budgeting and forecasting
Plus -Tourism Update – latest intel from Visit Britain, looking at 2022 trends.
Dates and times:
Wednesday 24 November 10.00am to11.15am, book a place to workshop 3 morning session (Worcestershire Business Events Portal, opens in a new window)
Wednesday 24: 2.00pm to 3.15pm, book a place to workshop 3 afternoon session (Worcestershire Business Events Portal, opens in a new window)
To be eligible for support a business must:
- be classed as an SME
- be working either B2C or B2B
- be based in Worcestershire, attracting visitors into the county.
- be operating in the following areas:
- day attractions
- independent cinema/theatre
- have been trading for a minimum of 24 months
- be set up for profit and registered to pay tax on profit i.e. sole trader, partnership, limited company (excluding registered charities and publicly funded activities)
- have activities that are open to the general public with access not being restricted to members only
- retail outlets
- bars, cafe’s, nightclubs