Free supporting resilience and wellbeing trainingPublished: Wednesday, 14th October 2020
Supporting resilience and wellbeing of students and staff free training for Worcestershire schools and colleges
The Educational Psychology team will be delivering free training sessions for Worcestershire schools and colleges. The supporting resilience and wellbeing of students and staff sessions are designed to help schools and colleges support wellbeing and psychosocial recovery, following return to full-time education.
The Educational Psychology team are able to deliver this free training after securing additional funding made available to local authorities as part of the Wellbeing for Education Return project (opens in a new window).
Each virtual course is made up of two sessions and will be delivered via Microsoft Teams.
In session 1 you will explore the themes of resilience and wellbeing in order to create a shared understanding of:
- vocabulary and research around resilience and wellbeing
- how the pandemic has impacted on the development of resilience and wellbeing
- biological responses to stress and how the brain influences learning and behaviour
- different ways to promote resilience and wellbeing in schools and colleges following the pandemic
Session 2 will have a more practical focus, exploring strategies that schools can employ to assess and promote resilience and wellbeing on an individual, group and whole-school level. This session will also outline local and national support services and resources to enable you to foster resilience and wellbeing well into the future.
Training sessions for schools
The following sessions are for primary, first, middle and high schools. Training is limited to a maximum of 2 attendees per school.
- 3 and 5 November – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/237
- 10 and 12 November – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/238
- 17 and 19 November – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/239
- 24 and 26 November – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/240
- 1 and 3 December – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/241
- 8 and 10 December – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/242
- 12 and 14 January – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/243
- 19 and 21 January – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/244
- 26 and 28 January -3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/245
- 2 and 4 February – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/246
- 9 and 11 February – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/247
- 23 and 25 February – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/248
Training sessions for post 16
This session is specific for FE colleges and sixth forms.
- 13 November 2020 – 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm, course code: SCH/20/249
Training sessions for alternative provision
This session is specific for maintained alternative provision.
- 11 and 18 November 2020 – 3.30pm to 5.00pm, course code: SCH/20/250
How to book
All places MUST be booked by your school or colleges' CPD leader via CPD online (opens in a new window).
If you have any issues with CPD online please email the training team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01905 844 420