Integrated two and a half year old review
The integrated review at age two has retained all key aspects of the existing two year progress check and Healthy Child Programme (HCP) health and development review, as set out in key governmental guidance.
Through developing communication links between health visitors, early years practitioners and parents or carers, a more complete, holistic picture of a child’s progress can be gathered, identifying developmental needs and offering timely support or interventions.
The integrated two and a half year old review should
- improve multiagency working and sharing of information to support families
- reduce duplication
- provide clearer and more consistent information for parents or carers
- provide a more holistic understanding of a child’s needs
- provide earlier identification of needs and earlier access to support
- contribute to improved outcomes for children, including improved school readiness