If you are looking to improve your employment prospects or gain some new skills in the New Year, have a look at the fantastic range of courses coming up at Kidderminster Library.
Starting in January:
· Computers for Beginners, CV and letter writing, Interview skills workshops, Personal Effectiveness and Communication Skills. Improve your job prospects while enhancing your self-confidence and personal and professional relationships.
· Mum and baby yoga is the ideal way to build up strength and flexibility after birth and is a lovely bonding experience for you both. It's suitable for babies up to crawling age and will provide specific postnatal benefits e.g. regain strength of internal abdominal muscles, support body during breastfeeding.
· The Introduction to Head Massage course will focus on the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp, face and ears using a range of different techniques. On this workshop you will learn how to perform head massage on your family and friends to help alleviate stress and tension.
· Spanish for Beginners is aimed at learners with no prior knowledge. It will equip students with phrases and vocabulary needed in daily situations, including greetings, socialising, ordering food and drinks etc.
· Fun with Yarn - Transform ordinary yarns into fabulous textiles whether they are functional objects or pieces of art. Find out how to knit, crochet or wrap yarns in traditional or contemporary ways.
· Art materials and Techniques - Explore a range of drawing, painting and mixed media materials and techniques. This non-accredited course is suitable for beginners or intermediates.
Cost varies and some courses offer discounts to learners who receive Universal Credit. Please ask a member of staff for details.
Juliette Matczak said: "From courses to help improve your employability, to arts and crafts and mum and baby yoga, there is a course for everyone at Kidderminster Library this New Year. To find out more about our fantastic range of courses, or to book a place, feel free to contact us online or pop in to the library for a chat!"
Libraries and other community venues all over the county run adult learning courses. The online booking system at www.worcestershire.gov.uk/courses allows customers to search for courses and book online.
Customers can also find out more by asking in their local library or by emailing email@example.com.