Changes have been made to Worcestershire's mobile library service over Christmas and the New Year so that customers don't miss out on visits.
Replacement mobile library services are being provided by Worcestershire County Council's Libraries and Learning Service on Monday 21 December, Tuesday 22 December, Monday 4 January and Tuesday 5 January. The replacement services are instead of visits on Thursday 24 December, Christmas Day, Monday 28 December and New Year's Day when there will be no service.
Cllr Lucy Hodgson, cabinet member for localism and communities said: "We were concerned that some of our mobile library customers would miss out on the service because of the Christmas and New Year holidays. By providing a replacement service for those affected over the holiday period it should mean that our customers don't have a long gap between mobile library visits".
All mobile library customers are being told about the changes and will be given a leaflet detailing the stops affected. The mobile library service information can also be found on the website http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/libraries
Customers with any queries can also contact the mobile library service by emailing email@example.com or calling 01905 822722.
Notes to editors
Thursday 24 December – No service
- Areas affected: Dunley, Bliss Gate, Lye Head, Callow Hill, Rock, Clows Top, Bayton, Mamble, Frith Common, Eardiston
- Revised Service: Monday 21 December 2015
Friday 25 December – No service
- Areas affected: Harvington, Bickmarsh, Pebworth, Honeybourne, Bretforton
- Revised Service: Tuesday 22 December 2015
Monday 28 December – No service
- Areas affected: Lower Broadheath, Hallow, Grimley, Holt Heath, Great Witley Abberley, Menith Wood
- Revised Service: Monday 4th January 2016
Friday 1 January – No service
- Areas affected: Chatley, Hadley, Ombersley, Sytchampton, Norchard, Astley Shrawley, Hallow
- Revised Service: Tuesday 5 January 2016