Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards Nominations 2018
25 of Worcestershire’s best apprentices, employers, training providers and schools have been named as finalists for the Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards 2018 and table bookings are now available for the event.
Following a large number of nominations in all 10 categories, judges have shortlisted an ‘exceptional group’ of finalists that are said to highlight the hugely positive contribution that apprenticeships have made on the county.
Finalists, businesses and guests will attend the Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards at 6:30pm, on Thursday 15 November at the Tree Tops Pavilion, West Midland Safari Park, where the winners of each category will be announced. This year’s ceremony will be presented by BAFTA-nominated TV presenter, Angellica Bell, who is set to welcome an audience of over 300 people.
The popular event will recognise outstanding achievement in the two overall awards of Apprenticeship Employer of the Year, which is sponsored by Worcester Bosch and Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd.
Tables for the finals night have now gone on sale and spaces at the high-profile event are very limited. Seats cost £85 each and a table of 10 can be bought for £800. Those who wish to attend the Awards are being strongly urged to secure their places at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Gary Woodman, Chief Executive of Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “My congratulations go to all finalists for this year’s awards and I wish them the best of luck at the ceremony. It’s great to see such a wide range of sectors and locations from across the county represented at the awards and I would urge all interested parties to secure their place at the earliest opportunity.”
Cllr Marcus Hart, Cabinet Member with responsibility for Education and Skills at Worcestershire County Council, added: “I would like to congratulate everyone who has been shortlisted for the finals of the Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards 2018. More and more people are recognising apprenticeships as a viable career option, not only as a way to gain relevant industry skills but also as a chance to reach the very top of any profession.”
For more information on taking on an apprentice, visit the Worcestershire Apprenticeships website, www.worcsapprenticeships.org.uk
Awards Finalists 2018
School of the Year – sponsored by Worcestershire Training Provider Association
- Catshill Middle School – Bromsgrove
- Dyson Perrins C of E Academy – Malvern
- RSA Academy Arrowvale - Redditch
Intermediate Level Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by Vestia Community Trust
- Alex McLaughlin – Brockencote Hall – Kidderminster
- Demelza Pike – Yamazaki Mazak – Worcester
- Joshua Rogers – CP Foods – Kidderminster
Advanced Level Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by Southco Manufacturing Ltd
- Aleksandra Rychlik – Kanes Foods – Evesham
- Bethany Clayton – Morgan Advanced Materials – Redditch
- Thomas Morris – Morgan Motors – Malvern
Higher Level Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by University of Worcester
- Amy-Louise Annis – Myriad Centre – Worcester
- Anthony Hegenbarth – North Bromsgrove School – Bromsgrove
- Jamie Andrews – AVL UK ltd – Kidderminster
Newcomer Apprenticeship Employer of the Year
- Payara – Malvern
- Thomas Weston Construction – Kidderminster
Small Apprenticeship Employer of the Year – sponsored by Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce
- Buzz Electrical Ltd – Evesham
Give as You Live – Evesham
Medium Apprenticeship Employer of the Year – sponsored by CP Foods Ltd
- Phosters (FM) Ltd – Kidderminster
- Sencon UK Ltd – Droitwich
Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year – sponsored by Amada UK Ltd
- OGL Computer – Kidderminster
- Sanctuary Group – Worcester
Apprenticeship Ambassador of the Year – sponsored by West Midlands Apprenticeship Ambassador Network
- Nicky Scott (Worcestershire Group Training Association) – Worcester
- Vikki Greenfield (University of Worcester) – Worcester
Training Provider of the Year – sponsored by Sanctuary Group
- Midland Group Training Services – Redditch
- Nova – Redditch
- WCG Pershore – Pershore
Worcestershire Apprentice of the Year sponsored by Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd
The Apprentice of the Year will be decided from winners of other awards.
Worcestershire Apprenticeship Employer of the Year sponsored by Worcester Bosch Group
The Apprenticeship Employer of the Year will be decided from winners of other awards.