County services moving from district offices to libraries

County provisions Published Monday, 25th June 2018

The way some public services are provided by Worcestershire County Council is changing from Sunday, July 1.

Anyone who needs help to use online county council services in Redditch, Bromsgrove, Wychavon and Wyre Forest should visit their local library instead of their district council office.

All the county council services included are available online in the first instance and can be accessed by going onto the county council's website

Offering support for these services at local libraries will mean that residents will have more choice about where they can access support and benefit from longer opening times (including evenings and Saturdays at some libraries).

As well as supporting customers to access online county services, libraries will be able to offer a range of additional services including adult learning classes, digital support, job seeking support and the opportunity to participate in a wide range of events and activities. Support will be available across 15 libraries.

Customers who live in the Malvern Hills district or Worcester city should continue to visit the Hub at Malvern Library or The Hive in the city centre for support with county council and district services.

County council services include:

  • Blue Badge Parking Permit applications
  • Concessionary Bus Pass applications
  • Countryside Services
  • School Transport and Admission applications
  • Report a Highways issue
  • CVT (Commercial Vehicle & Trailer Permit) applications
  • Registration Services
  • Trading Standards
  • Public Transport