Are you looking to turn over a new leaf in 2017? Why not start with Worcestershire Libraries?
The Libraries & Learning service continues to offer a wide range of fantastic services for people throughout the county.
As well as over a million books to choose from, Worcestershire Libraries offer the following services:
- E books/journals and magazines
- Information and advice services, including help to get online and to access other services
- All Worcestershire Libraries offer free computer use with free internet access and WiFi
- Mobile library service and Library service at Home
- Adult and family learning courses – some are free, ask for information or see www.worcestershire.gov.uk/adultlearning
- Reading groups for Adults, Young People and Children
- Baby & Children's story time and a wide range of other free activities for children
- Homework clubs
- Schools' Library Service
- An extensive Music Library
- Access to Local History resources, reference facilities and study spaces, as well as University collections
- Meeting places/spaces for hire
- Workclubs with personal support (including MyWorkSearch – an online job search tool)
Statistics show The Hive is one of the top three most widely used libraries in the UK, and the stunning building recently won another award for time an accolade for its eye-catching design.
Cllr Lucy Hodgson, Cabinet Member with Responsibility for Localism and Communities, said: "Libraries across Worcestershire are open 875.5hrs each week offering a huge range of free services, with many libraries opening on certain evenings and The Hive being open 7 days a week. Even if you can't get to the library you can always visit online 24/7 – it's free to join too! From books and magazines to online resources, from meeting spaces, to job search and health information, your local library has something for everyone.
"You can also get involved as a volunteer - we have volunteers of all ages so please ask in your library or visit the website www.worcestershire.gov.uk/libraries
"A library is at the heart of a local community, and at a time when libraries are being closed throughout the country, we are proud that we have not closed a single one."
For more information about libraries across Worcestershire, visit http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/libraries