Visiting Worcestershire County Museum at Hartlebury Castle
The County Museum, housed in the former home of the Bishops of Worcester, is a fascinating place to explore. In the museum galleries you can discover social history, toys through time, travel & transport and the intriguing story of Worcestershire's past. Visitors can also see room sets such as the schoolroom and scullery, which are regularly brought to life by visiting schoolchildren and period rooms that focus on the Victorian and Civil War eras.
Within the grounds of the Museum you can visit the Cider Mill and the Transport Gallery which houses a fascinating array of vehicles including a fire engine, hansom cab, bicycles, carts and a large collection of beautifully decorated Gypsy caravans.
The museum also hosts exciting events throughout the year and our fantastic gift shop, picnic areas and nature reserve all add up to a great day out.
- Tuesday to Friday: 10am to 5pm
- Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays: 11am to 5pm
- Mondays (except Bank Holidays) & Good Friday: Closed
The Museum is open 7 January – 23 December 2017.
Seasonal Opening Times 2017
- Good Friday (14th April): Closed
- Easter Monday (17th April): Open
- May Day bank holiday (Monday 1st May): Open
- Late May bank holiday (Monday 29th May): Open
- August bank holiday (Monday 28th August): Open
- Christmas: Closed from 24th December 2017 - 7th January 2018
Admission & Prices*
|Children aged 5-16||£2.50|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family Ticket (admits 2 adults & up to 2 children)||£13.00|
|Individual Hartlebury Annual Pass||£14.00|
|Family Hartlebury Annual Pass||£32.00|
Download the Hartlebury Annual Pass application form.
*Hartlebury Annual Passes will get you free admission to the County Museum for twelve months. Annual Passes can also be bought as Gift Membership and make a great present for friends and family. Annual passes do not include ticketed events or craft activities. Family passes cover 2 adults and 2 children visiting together or 1 adult and 3 children visiting together.
- Old Moat Coppice nature trail & picnic area offer a pleasant place for a stroll (outside museum boundaries, available at all times)
- The Orchard Picnic Area is inside the museum and can be used for your own picnics
- Visitor Reception building with a well-stocked gift shop
- Lift to all floors
- Museum is pushchair friendly or pushchairs can be left in the museum lobby if you prefer
- Ample free parking
- Easy access to the many walks and footpaths on Hartlebury Common, a rare area of upland heath
Download our Visitor Map which shows you the various areas within the Museum as well as giving you a short history of the site.
Information for Visitors with Disabilities
- An external glass lift allows all visitors access to every floor of the museum.
- The shop and Orchard Picnic Area are both wheelchair accessible.
- Dedicated car parking spaces and toilet facilities are available.
- Hearing loops are provided in shop and reception.
If you have any questions regarding access to the museum please contact us on 01299 250416.
For more information about the Museum's accessibility please download our Access Statement before your visit.