Household Recycling Centre Rules
Household Waste Recycle Centres during COVID-19
A number of Household Recycle Centres (rubbish tips) will be open.
There will be restrictions in place
Before you Travel
- Cement bonded asbestos will only be accepted on site if it is double bagged or wrapped in plastic sheeting and sealed. Upon arrival at a Household Recycling Centre you should identify to a Site Assistant that they wish to dispose of asbestos. If advice on the safe disposal of asbestos is required, residents can ring one of the sites that accept asbestos (listed below) in advance of visiting the facility.
- Hallow Road (Worcester West) 01905 421116
- Hereford (Rotherwas) 01432 343420
- Leominster 01568 614271
- Malvern 01684 892785
- Pershore (Hill & Moor) 01386 861434
- Stourport 01299 826736
- Redditch 01527 526392
- It is advisable to contact the site in advance to ensure there is available capacity. Any material deposited must be able to fit into the container openings which measure 84cm by 158cm.
- There is a 3.5 tonne gross vehicle weight restriction at all of our Household Recycling Centres - all vehicles over this limit will be denied access.
- A Commercial Vehicle and Trailer permit scheme is in operation at all Household Recycling Centres.
- Site staff are authorised to inspect any waste brought into the site, opening sacks if necessary, and to question customers as to the origin of waste.
- Once deposited, all waste becomes the property of the contractor who may recover any reusable and recyclable items. Waste cannot be removed from the facility by the public and trading is not permitted.
- All users must comply with the instructions of site staff and must adhere to all site signage.
- Customers are requested to be courteous to site staff and other customers. Abuse and intimidation of site staff and other customers will not be tolerated and legal action may be taken if this occurs.
- To help us recycle as much as possible please sort your waste at home and put your waste in the appropriate container. Please do not put non-recyclable waste in recycling containers.
- Customer are reminded that, for their safety, pedestrian access is not allowed and no waste is allowed to be carried on to the site.
- For your own safety and that of site staff, site staff are not permitted to lift items directly with members of the public. Items which require assistance to lift will be handled by trained staff. If you require assistance in unloading please ask a member of staff. NB – Please be advised that if you bring materials to a site in either a Builders Bag or Wheelie Bin you may be required to empty the contents from the bag / bin before asking for site staff assistance as these type of containers are designed to be mechanically lifted and not by hand.
- For your own safety the public are not allowed into marked hazardous areas.
- For your own safety, you are advised to wear appropriate footwear (no flip flops) and gloves when handling your waste.
- Access to the Household Recycling Centres may be restricted when service vehicles are operating e.g. collecting containers.
- For safety reasons all children under the age of 16 and pets must remain in vehicles.
- Smoking is not permitted on the Household Recycling Centre.
- To access the HRC at Bromsgrove (Quantry Lane) or Redditch (Park Farm) you will be required to display either a Residents Permit, or provide proof of residency within the two counties (Worcestershire & Herefordshire).