Are you already fostering?
If you are already an approved foster carer, either for a private fostering agency, voluntary agency or another local authority, and you are thinking about changing then we would like to hear from you. If you live in Worcestershire, transferring to Worcestershire County Council is easier than you might think and there are many benefits:
- children placed with you will be local and will have a local social worker who can visit when you need them
- local fostering social workers who will be close by as and when you need support
- regular placements as we look to our own pool of carers first, you’re unlikely to have any gaps between placements (unless you want one!)
- the local authority will provide support around the clock so there is always someone at the end of the line
- competitive fees and allowances which are paid fortnightly, as well as holiday, birthday and clothing allowances
- quality training which is delivered locally and will support you in gaining the skills you require and develop you as a carer
- specialist support which is tailored to meet the needs of the individual child for example educational support, clinical psychologists, health advice
- provision of foster carer peer support groups and forums, networking events and fun days
Fast track to approval
When experienced carers approach us we offer a ‘fast track’ to approval, as we know that you will already have undertaken relevant training and have an understanding of the fostering task.
We will evaluate the level of training you have already completed and may provide some refresher training where relevant, but you will not be expected to complete the ‘Skills to Foster’ course again.
We are required to complete a new Form F Assessment for you, but this can be completed much quicker, and we can gain a lot of the information we need by accessing references from you current agency/fostering provider.