8 tips for eating well
1. Base your meals on starchy carbohydrates. Choose wholegrain high fibre varieties where possible.
2. Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day.
3. Aim for at least two portions of sustainably sourced fish a week, one of which should be oily.
4. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
5. Eat less than 6g (around 1 teaspoon) of salt each day.
6. Get active and maintain a healthy weight.
7. Keep hydrated and aim for 6-8 glasses of fluid each day.
8. Don't skip breakfast.
The Eatwell Guide shows the proportions in which different groups of foods are needed in order to have a well-balanced and healthy diet, for more information visit Assets Publishing Service - Eatwell Guide (opens in a new window).