- 9 Tea Cups (opens in a new window)
- autismlinks (opens in a new window)
Links to events, services and information of use to families of people with Autism
- Autism Spectrum Condition and Learning Disabilities Group (opens in a new window), a group for family members and carers, Kidderminster Hospital
- Autism West Midlands a support group for young people aged 16-24 with Asperger's Syndrome in the Malvern Hills area
- Autism in Worcestershire
ASPIE is a social self-help and motivation group for adults with Asperger's Syndrome. We provide a centre in Worcester where Aspies feel welcome and accepted.
- Childrens Centres. Find out what's happening at your local Children's Centre
- Community Paediatric Service
Community Paediatric Service is concerned with developmental delay and learning disability; Motor difficulties such as cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy; Neuro-developmental conditions including ADHD and ASD; complex behavioural difficulties; sensory impairment; statutory medical & educational assessments
(The Community Paediatric Servic South Worcestershire, The Community Paediatric Service Wyre Forest and The Community Paediatric Service Redditch and Bromsgrove)
- Core Assets: Core Assets deliver the Independent Support Service in partnerships with Worcestershire County Council. They provide confidential, impartial and independent information and support for young people and their families to find their way through the changes to the Special Educational needs and Disabilities (SEND) systems.
Please note: Core Assets Independent Support Programme will be closing on the 31 July 2018. Independent Support was always intended to be a time limited resource, supporting the transition from statements to EHCPs. From August 2018 onwards, parents, children and young people will continue to be able to access information, advice and support on statutory assessment and annual reviews from your local SENDIASS.
- Council for Disabled Children
A host of useful leaflets on SEND issues many in Easy Read format to help children understand
- Disability Information Advice Line (DIAL) Worcestershire
Website of the disability advice line South Worcestershire; local info on: Mobility; Benefits and Finance; Carers Support and Respite; Community and Voluntary Support; Disabled Children's Services; Education and Employment; Health; Housing; Independent Living; Learning Disabilities; Legal Support; Leisure and Holidays; Mental Health; Mobility and Aids to Daily Living and Older People's Services
- Dyslexia Parent Support Group. Find out more from the Worcestershire Dyslexic Support Group
Support for bereaved children and their families in Worcestershire
- Learning Disabilities (opens in a new window)
We work with people with learning disabilities, their families and the people who support them.
- We carry out research and projects that help people be included
- We support local people and services to include people with learning disabilities
- We improve services for people with learning disabilities
- We spread knowledge and information
Search engine for Government information on many subjects: Benefits; Births, deaths, marriages and care ; Business and self-employed; Citizenship and living in the UK ; Crime, justice and the law ; Disabled people; Driving and transport; Education and learning; Employing people; Environment and countryside ; Housing and local services ; Money and tax; Passports, travel and living abroad; Visas and immigration; Working, jobs and pensions
- Hereford and Worcestershire Dyslexia Association
- Join us at our monthly Special Interest Club for children with autism
- Join us at our monthly Youth Club for young people with autism
Working with disabled children, young people and their families
- Lift Travel Training
Help young people with SEND to achieve independence by giving the student confidence to be able to travel to educational settings on their own.
- Our Way Self Advocacy Kidderminster
Self Advocacy means speaking up for yourself about important things that may stop you having the same opportunities in life that most people take for granted and knowing your rights and responsibilities. Our Way supports self advocacy groups in Wyre Forest area and includes links to Stars in the Sky SEND friendship / dating project page and the DY10 Nights project social events page
- Pastoral Support Plans
Pastoral support Plans - a PSP is a detailed plan drawn up and agreed between you, your child and the school to improve your child’s behaviour and to stop your child being excluded
- The Myriad Centre in Worcester is for local parents who can confidently leave their young disabled sons and daughters with us to enjoy stimulating days in a safe environment. It is the only local independent specialist centre of its kind and is open 51 weeks of the year
- Umbrella Pathway from Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
The Umbrella Pathway (Neuro-Developmental Assessment and Care) has been developed to provide an assessment, management and care process for all children and young people presenting with neuro-developmental disorders which may be due to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum conditions and other difficulties such as developmental co-ordination difficulties, sensory processing and ‘tic’ disorders.
- What Makes You Different Makes You Beautiful
Local support network for special needs groups offering stay and play sessions during weekends, cookery, discos and more. External guest speakers and service providers also attend some sessions. Taking place in both Malvern and Worcester. Contact Kim Philpotts 07796528026
- Worcester Deaf Children's Society WDCS is a local support group for deaf and hard of hearing children and their families in Worcestershire
- Worcester Snoezelen is a multi-sensory leisure therapy centre for people who have disabilities and additional needs. Snoezelen provides accessible and inclusive activities for people of any ability level. The centre comprise of 4 multi-sensory rooms, hydrotherapy pool, soft play area, music and arts. Worcester Snoezelen, 3 Turnpike Close, Worcester WR2 6AB Telephone: 01905 748229 / Email: email@example.com Registered Charity No.1023456
- Worcestershire Association of Carers - this is a registered charity that proves an independent source of information, advice and support for the estimated 63,000 unpaid adult caters in Worcestershire
- Worcestershire Health and Care Patient Relations Team
A confidential advice, support and information service for patients relatives and carers
- Worcestershire Parent & Carers’ Community (WPCC)
The Worcestershire Parent and Carers' Community (WPCC) is a local charity that supports families across the county, all of whom have a child with a disability or additional need. The WPCC's main aim is to bring families out of isolation, ensuring that families that have a child with additional needs are able to enjoy quality time together within their community, with other families.
The information on this page includes a range of information sources and links to websites that appear to be educational in nature and appropriate when last reviewed. However, SENDIASS Worcestershire do NOT endorse or recommend any of the contents, commercial products, processes or services presented in or by any of the information sources or websites within this leaflet.