Information factsheets for young People
- Education Health Care Plans information for Children and Young People
From September 2014 Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans will start to replace Statements of special educational needs and Learning Difficulty Assessments. EHC plans will focus on what a child or young person* wants to achieve and what support is needed to do this. Easy Read Early Health Care Needs Assessment
- Making decisions about your special educational needs and disability support
Under a new law introduced by the government, you and your family will be able to have more say in the way you receive support. This support will be written in an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, which will focus on what a child or young person* wants to achieve and what support they need to do this. Right from the beginning, the views, wishes and feelings of the child or young person and their family will be at the centre of the EHC plan. Easy Read Education Health Care Plans
- Local Offer information for Children and Young People
A Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families information about what support services the local authority think will be available in their local area. Every local authority is responsible for writing a Local Offer and making sure it is available for everyone to see.
- Special Educational Needs and disability support what are the SEN Reforms
The government is committed to making sure every child achieves their best. That’s why we’re making important changes to support children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities. We want to make sure that children and young people know what is changing and what this means for them.
- Changes to Special Educational Needs and Disability Support
An Easy Read guide to the changes produced by MENCAP
- A friendly animated guide to Worcestershire's Education, Health and Care Plan Pathway
- Easy Read Confidentiality
- Easy Read Finding Out About Support
- Easy Read Our Services
- Easy Read Personal Budgets
SENDIASS Young Person Advisor
Worcestershire SENDIASS has a 'young person advisor' to offer free, impartial and confidential information and advice to young people independently to or alongside their family on their special educational needs and rights as well as sign post to other services and provisions.