Who to contact for advice and guidance

If you need some advice and guidance around special educational needs and/or disabilities, the below services can help:

SENDIASS - the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) can provide free, impartial advice and support to children and young people, parents/carers on all matters concerning SEND.

Independent Supporters (opens in a new window) - this is a free service that can help parents and young people through the Education, Health and Care (EHC) planning process. Contact SENDIASS for more information including factsheets about how an Independent Supporter could help you and your family.

Message from Independent Support Service: "Whilst we are still accepting referrals and attending group activities, please be aware that the Core Assets Independent Support Programme will be closing on the 31st July 2018. Independent Support was always intended to be a time limited resource, supporting the transition from statements to EHCPs. From August 2018 onwards, parents, children and young people will continue to be able to access information, advice and support on statutory assessment and annual reviews from SENDIASS."

Onside Advocacy (opens in a new window) - Onside Advocacy provides practical and proactive support to ensure disadvantaged people are treated fairly as citizens and have equal rights within all aspects of their lives.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) (opens in a new window) - PALS is available to help patients, relatives and carers with questions and concerns about health services.

Healthwatch Worcestershire (opens in a new window) - Healthwatch helps to give a voice to the public, patients and users of health and social care services in Worcestershire. They can signpost you to organisations that can support you and help you to share what you think about local health and social care services.

Citizens Advice (opens in a new window) - the Citizens Advice website has lots of advice to help you find a way forward, whatever the problem. You can also call a local team who can give you free, confidential and impartial advice.