- a Blue Badge is normally valid for three years and costs £10
- you can apply for yourself or on behalf of another person; please put the application in the name of the person needing a Blue Badge
- on receipt of all correct documentation, your application will be assessed within 20 working days
- a badge holder may use it in any vehicle but the trip must be for the badge holder's benefit only, whether they are the driver or a passenger
- the badge can be used throughout Europe
Before you start
You’ll need the following to apply for your Blue Badge
- a passport style photo
- your National Insurance number
- proof of identification (for example a of copy passport, birth certificate, driving licence); please do not send original documents
- proof of residency (for example a copy of benefit award letter, Council Tax bill, pension letter); please do not send original documents
- proof of eligibility (for example a copy of a full benefit award letter or any copy medical documents/letters you may have)
- a debit/credit card to supply a payment of £10
During the application process there will be an option to upload the documents requested. If you are unable to do this and will be supplying these by post, please do not send original documents. An address will be provided during the application process.
After you have submitted your application, it will take two hours before you can see your application on the Tracker.