WCC Online Payments – Important Security Information

Blue Badge Eligibility and Guidance

You automatically qualify if:

  • you receive the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) (please see an example of a DLA award letter)
  • you receive 8 points or more for the 'moving around' part of the mobility component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) (please see an example of a PIP award letter)
  • you are registered as severely sight impaired (blind) under the National Assistance Act 1948 (partially sighted people do not automatically qualify)
  • you receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
  • you receive Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) award, tariffs 1-8 and have been assessed by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) as having a permanent and substantial disability that causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty walking

Please note we will need to see a copy of the proof of eligibility. See the Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payments samples.

You may qualify if:

  • you have a permanent and substantial disability which affects your mobility and means you have considerable difficulty in walking
  • you have a child under 3 years old and need to transport bulky medical equipment for urgent treatment, or always be near a vehicle so they can be treated or driven to a place for treatment for a permanent illness
  • you drive a vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms and have considerable difficulty working parking meters

Your organisation may qualify if:

  • your organisation cares for and transports groups of disabled people who would qualify for a Blue Badge in their own right

Your organisation should be using a vehicle specifically adapted for the use of disabled passengers; provide details of the adaptations and if the vehicle is licensed under the Disabled Passenger Vehicle (DPV) taxation class and confirm that the vehicle is solely being used for the purpose of transporting the disabled people being cared for. The organisation will need to provide proof of the above eligibility and each vehicle will require a separate badge.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

The Blue Badge team will need to see a copy of the letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) dated within the last 12 months, showing that you receive Disability Living Allowance 'higher rate mobility component for help with getting around', it maybe indefinite or time limited.  

Disability Living Allowance example


Disability Living Allowance example

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

The Blue Badge team will need to see a full copy of the latest award letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) showing that you receive '8 points or more for the 'moving around activity' under the mobility section' of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).

Personal Independence Payment example

Personal Independence Payment example

Related Content