Check if you are eligible
You automatically qualify if:
- you receive the higher rate 'for help with getting around' mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA); or
- you receive 8 points or more for the 'moving around' part of the mobility component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP); or
- you are registered as severely sight impaired (blind) under the National Assistance Act 1948 (partially sighted people do not automatically qualify); or
- you receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement; or
- you receive Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) award, tariffs 1-8 and have been assessed by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) as having a permanent and substantial disability that causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty walking.
You may qualify if:
- you have a permanent and substantial disability which affects your mobility and means you have considerable difficulty in walking; or
- you have a child under 3 years old and need to transport bulky medical equipment for urgent treatment, or always be near a vehicle so they can be treated or driven to a place for treatment for a permanent illness; or
- you drive a vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms and have considerable difficulty working parking meters.
The Blue Badge team will need to see a copy of the letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) dated within the last 12 months, showing that you receive Disability Living Allowance 'higher rate mobility component for help with getting around', it maybe indefinite or time limited.
Disability Living Allowance example
The Blue Badge team will need to see a copy of the letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) dated within the last 12 months, showing that you receive '8 points or more for the 'moving around activity' under the mobility section' of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
Personal Independence Payment example