Are you a Professional worried about a child?

Are you worried that a child is suffering, or is likely to suffer, significant harm and needs immediate protection

  • Contact the Police on 999 if there is an immediate risk of danger
  • Otherwise contact the Family Front Door on 01905 822 666 from Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (until 4:30pm on a Friday)
  • Out of office hours (5.00pm to 8.30am weekdays and all day weekends and bank holidays) contact the Emergency Duty team on 01905 768020
  • Then complete the Cause For Concern Notification, which can be accessed by Worcestershire County Council Staff, Head Teachers and schools Safeguarding leads via the Children's Services Portal (the replacement for Edulink), and by other professionals via the Professionals Portal (registration required)

Are you a school?

And worried about one of your pupils?

Cause for Concern (school staff)

Are you a professional?

And not based in a school.

Cause for Concern (professionals)

If you are worried about a child or young person that is not in immediate danger or risk of immediate significant harm. Follow these steps:

  1. Talk to your agency's Safeguarding Lead and your Manager, check your agency's records, check the Single View of the Child Record accessed via the Professional Portal (if you agency has been granted access to this tool)
  2. Talk to others in your agency who know the family, and any other professionals you know are involved
  3. Be prepared to work with other agencies as part of a team to support the family
  4. If you have completed all of the above and you still have concerns about the child complete the Cause for Concern Notification accessed via the Professionals Portal

Are you making a new request for information (RFI)

To make a request for information please access the Professionals Portal to complete your request. 

Please use this  Request for Information Portal if you have a statutory check under the Information Sharing Protocol only, this is not to be used to find out an allocated Social Worker.

Access the Professionals Portal

Further Guidance

Are you a Professional worried about a child? information RSS feed