It is a statutory requirement that individual agencies/organisations are responsible for ensuring that all those in contact or working with children and young people and/or with adults who are parents or carers in a paid or voluntary capacity have access to high quality training and support to ensure the safeguarding of children.
All agencies should provide a mandatory induction which includes familiarisation with child protection responsibilities and procedures to be followed if anyone has any concerns about a child's safety or welfare. In addition to the mandatory induction there are four levels of core training as outlined in the training pathway. Staff and volunteers working for WSCB member agencies can access this inter-agency training via their organisation's nominating manager. This guidance also provides details of how training can be purchased.
WSCB is responsible for ensuring that training is effective and following training participants and agencies are expected to support WSCB with the implementation of the framework for evaluation.
- Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board Training Pathway (revised 2017)
- Training Strategy (revised 2017)
- WSCB Evaluation Framework for Single and Multi-Agency Training (revised 2017)
- Mandatory Induction Guidance
- Evaluating the effectiveness of safeguarding training in Worcestershire
- WSCB Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Training Strategy
- Safeguarding Children a guide for schools and colleges