Worried About a Child?
Who's Looking After Your Child?
- Trustworthy, do they have references?
- Do organisations have policies in place to protect and safeguard your child?
- Have staff and volunteers been suitably checked?
Your Life, Your Choice
Your Life Your Choice is a website with information on a range of issues for children, young people, families and adults. You can also find support services and products that can help and events and activities in your local area.
It has information for children, young people and families including:
- parenting and child behaviour tips
- information for parents/carers of children with additional needs or disabilities
- guidance around childcare
- advice for children and young people on mental health, relationships, staying safe and leaving school
- Teenage relationship abuse .A parent's and carer's guide to violence and abuse in teenage relationships
- Sexting: Advice for parents about talking to your child about creating, sending or receiving explicit images (External Website)
- Serious Case Reviews - Information for Families
- Child Protection Conference Information
NEW The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) has released a series of short animations providing advice to parents and carers about dealing with the challenging issue of sexting and selfies.
- Do you know who is talking to your child
- A parents guide to Cyber Bullying
- Think you know (External Website)
- Advice for Parents on Cyberbullying
- Action for Children (External Website) supports and speaks out for the UK's most vulnerable and neglected children and young people
- Barnardo's spot the signs: Advice for parents, professionals and young people on the signs of sexual exploitation and how to keep safe
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) has released a series of short animations providing advice to parents and carers about dealing with the challenging issue of sexting and selfies.
- Chatdanger.com (External Website) a site all about the potential dangers on interactive services online like chat, IM, online games, email and on mobiles.
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (External Website) is dedicated to eradicating the sexual abuse of children.
- Early Years and Childcare whatever your interest in early education or childcare, the Early Years and Childcare Service (EYCS) will offer free, impartial advice and support.
- Know the signs Information on suicide and self-harm for parents
- NSPCC (External Website) working to end child cruelty across the UK
- Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation (External Website)
Pace, in partnership with Virtual College, has launched an interactive online information package for parents on the signs of child sexual exploitation. This free tool is designed to equip parents with the information and knowledge to safeguard children from this abuse.
- Staying safe online (External Website) all about parental control software
- Stop It Now! (External Website) help to protect children and to prevent child sexual abuse.