If you have reason to believe that a child, young person or adult is at immediate risk from harm contact the Police:
- telephone: 999
If you have any concerns about a child or young person living in Worcestershire and feel that they may be in need of protection or safeguarding contact the Family Front Door.
Staff are available Monday to Thursday from 9.00am to 5.00pm and Fridays from 9.00am to 4.30pm.
- telephone: 01905 822666
For assistance out of office hours (weekdays and all day at weekends and bank holidays):
- telephone: 01905 768020
Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board
The Safeguarding Children Board has a range of statutory functions which include the following:
- developing thresholds, policies and procedures for responding to safeguarding and welfare concerns about individual children
- communicating and raising awareness of safeguarding children issues
- quality assuring practice through audits, scrutiny and evaluation
- producing and publishing an annual report on the effectiveness of safeguarding in the local area
- assessing the effectiveness of Early Help arrangements
- assessing whether partners are fulfilling statutory obligations and encouraging effective working relationships
- making recommendations for commissioning bodies and participating in local planning/commissioning of services for children
- collecting and analysing information about the deaths of all children and putting in place procedures for responding to the unexpected death of a child
- undertaking Serious Case Reviews and ensuring implementation and monitoring of action plans
- improving local ways of working in light of learning from local and national experience
- seeking assurance about accessibility and quality of safeguarding children training
More information on the Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board can be found on their dedicated website.