As part of Worcestershire County Council's Learning and Development Team, we provide a dedicated training programme for practitioners working with children, young people and their families in Worcestershire. These courses have a health and social care focus in order to promote best practice, enable and engage families and effectively promote achievement and safeguard children and young people in Worcestershire.
We also cascade information to the workforce to support knowledge and skills.
Specific learning and development areas include:
- Accredited National Qualifications
- Online Learning Resources and Information
- Safeguarding Training
- Training Opportunities
Additionally for specific areas of learning please see the useful links below:
- Worcestershire Safeguarding Children (WSCB) training
- Worcestershire Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB)
- Babcock Prime Training (opens in a new window) – a wide range of development and best practice courses for staff in early years, first, primary, middle, secondary and post-16 settings.
- Babcock Prime Conferences (opens in a new window) – events covering a variety of topics, best practice and innovative learning to help schools and settings improve outcomes for children and young people.
- Connecting Families - brings together agencies all over Worcestershire to improve services for children and families.
- Foster Carer Training
- MindEd - Free e-learning to help adults to identify and understand children and young people with mental health issues
- Young Solutions – training courses aimed at both paid and volunteer youth workers, group leaders and play workers
Contacts and Information
Learning and Development Team
- email: LDAdmin@worcestershire.gov.uk
- telephone: 01905 844544