WTBA 2017 to 2018
The shortlist for the Worcestershire Teen Book Award is:
- Charlotte says by Alex Bell
- Wolf children by Paul Dowswell
- I have no secrets by Penny Joelson
- Where the world ends by Geraldine McCaughrean
- Thornhill by Pam Smy
- Life in a fishbowl by Len Vlahos
It is not too late to be part of this year's award. Please contact Schools' Library Service on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01905 420273 for details
A ceremony on Tuesday 20 March 2018, in the Council Chamber, County Hall, Worcester will announce the winner
Micro Librarian Systems sponsor the WTBA
The Reading Cloud - promoting reading for enjoyment & building a reading community throughout the school.
- this award is for books aimed at readers in years 7 to 9
- to be eligible, the books must published from November one year through to the following October and must not be a sequel
- pupils then vote in school to whittle down to a shortlist of six
- books are read over Spring term and votes collated for the final announcement
Although we encourage pupils to read as many of the titles as possible, we will accept votes if pupils have not read the lot, but still get excited by what they have read.
This activity is accredited for pupils participating in Children's University.
Worcestershire Children's University