Assessing the risk of your property / business flooding
Your property / business could be at risk from flooding. The flooding could be from different sources:
- Watercourses (fluvial)
- Surface Water (pluvial)
- Leaks or Burst Pipes
Visit our types of flooding page for more detailed explanations.
Check if your property is at risk from flooding on the EA Flood Maps.
If your property is as risk, you could create your own Personal Flood Plan.
Find out if flooding is predicted
- Call Floodline on 08459 881188
- Check the Met Office severe weather warning website for current weather warnings
- Check the EA flood warning website for current flood warnings
- Listen to local radio and/or watch local TV stations for weather and flooding updates:
- BBC Hereford & Worcester 104fm & 94.7fm
Protecting your property from future flooding
- Check out the National Flood Forum website for information on Flood Protection and Resilience and preparing for flooding
- Also visit the EA website's Prepare your property for flooding pages
- See also the Know your Flood Risk website for live flood updates app and to buy a flood report for your property
- See information on how to obtain sandbags
- For historic buildings see the Historic England website for advice on Flood Protection and Resilience and preparing for flooding of historic buildings
- The BRE have created a Flood resilient home which has been adapted to the flood resistant up to 2 feet. Visit the BRE website for useful tips for your property.