The information on this page is directly related to Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP), and is for everyone.
This section contains information and guidance from national organisations as well as documents produced in Worcestershire. Other pages in the Special Educational Needs section will also be of interest, and will include documents and websites not listed here.
To make a request for an Education Health Care (EHC) needs assessment:
- You can call the SEND Services Helpline on 01905 845579
- You can e-mail SEND Services SEN@worcestershire.gov.uk
can write to SEND Services at the following address:
The Administrative Officer
Inclusion and Assessment (SEN)
Directorate of Children, Families and Communities
Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
Worcestershire's Education, Health and Care Plan Pathway animation YouTube video
- Guidelines for requesting an Assessment for an Integrated Assessment
Guide produced by Worcestershire County Council (WCC) for requesting an integrated assessment for an EHCP
- Criteria for Assessment for EHCP
Document produced by WCC outlining the criteria and guidance for an assessment for an EHCP
- Form RS36 Request for Integrated Assessment – EHCP
WCC form for requesting an assessment for use by schools/settings. A form for parents can be found below
- EHCP Guidance for Parents
Guidance for parents about requesting an integrated assessment for an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Parental request form for an Integrated Assessment - EHCP
The form for parents to request an integrated assessment for an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Tips and Prompts for completing the Family Conversation Record
Guidance for schools and settings when completing a Family Conversation Record and My Views
- Family Conversation Record From
The form produced by WCC for completion by the school/setting and the family to inform an education, health and care assessment. See also Tips for parents completing the Family Conversation Record for Statutory EHC Assessment
- My Views
Young person or child to inform an education, health and care assessment
The form produced by WCC for completion by the school and setting and the.
- Medical Questionnaire
The form produced by WCC for completion by the school/setting and the family to inform an education, health and care assessment.
- Advice Template for Health
The form produced by WCC for completion by the health colleagues to inform an Education, Health and Care assessment.
- Advice template for other LA Support Services
The form produced by WCC for completion by the support services provider to inform an Education, Health and Care assessment
- Advice template for Social Care
The form produced by WCC for completion by Social Care to inform an Education, Health and Care assessment.
- Flowchart of the conversion/transfer process
Flowchart showing the process involved for transferring a SEN Statement to an EHCP
- Guidance for Educational Establishments on the Transfer of Statements/LDA's to EHCP
- EHCP Template with guidance
A Education, Health and Care Plan with guidance notes.
- Transfer Meeting Agenda
An agenda template for a transfer meeting
- SEN Reform Implementation
Worcestershire's plan for implementing the SEND Reforms, including the timeline for expected target groups for transfer review
- WCC Personal Budget Statement
Worcestershire County Council's Personal Budget Statement in relation to EHCP's
- EHCP Annual Review report Sept 2015
Form for Annual Reviews of Education, Health and Care Plans
- Education, Health and Care Plans
A Council for Disabled Children and Department for Education leaflet for young people about Education, Health and Care Plans
Summary of documents required to request an EHCP Assessment
Summary document containing a list of the paperwork required for an integrated assessment.
- Guidelines for Requesting an Assessment
- Criteria for Integrated Needs Assessment
- Form RS36
- Family Conversation Record
- Guidance for completion of Family Conversation
- Medical Questionnaire
- Child or Young Person's Views
Summary of documents required for the conversion/transfer process
Summary document containing a list of the paperwork required for a transfer from an SEN Statement to an EHCP
- Guidance for Schools in holding a Transfer Review
Guidance of what to do and when to do it
- Child's Views
Use to obtain child/young person's views before the transfer Review meeting – please adapt as necessary to meet the needs of the learner.
- Family Conversation
Use to obtain family's views before the transfer Review meeting
- Blank Advice form – for Education and for Health Professionals
To send out to professionals invited to the meeting for them to complete for the meeting
- Blank annotated EHCP
Guidance on the information that needs to be included in an EHCP