The Worcestershire SLCN Pathway provides practical guidance, information and tools for anyone supporting children and young people with speech, language and/or communication needs (SLCN).
What does the Pathway Contain?
- tools to help you recognise and identify children and young people with SLCN;
- tools to help practitioners audit current practice and skills;
- guidance on creating and maintaining a "communication-friendly" environment;
- information for parents and carers;
- tools to promote the active participation and voice of children and their parents or carers;
- guidance and links to training and workforce development;
- a clear route for referral to specialist services;
- signposts to sources of further information and support.
Who is the SLCN Pathway for:
You will find the SLCN Pathway useful if you are: in an early years setting (including Children's Centres, Childminders, Nurseries, Pre-schools)
in a school
a parent or carer
a health professional
a speech and language therapist
a member of a support service
anyone with an interest in the development of children's speech, language and communication skills