Worcestershire Local Government Pension Fund
The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government or working for other employers participating in the Scheme and for some councillors.
The Worcestershire County Council Pension Fund administers the LGPS on behalf of the Local Government Employers and certain Admitted Bodies in the administrative areas of Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
The membership currently comprises 21,000 current members, 16,000 pensioners and 16,000 former contributors with an entitlement to a deferred pension. There are currently 150 employing bodies in the scheme.
Useful links for employees
- Worcestershire Pension Fund - A brief guide to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) - Issued April 2015
- The Local Government Pension Scheme
- The Local Government Pension Scheme - Deferred Benefits
- The Local Government Pension Scheme - Transfers
- Purchasing extra pension and buying back lost pension
- Additional Voluntary Contributions
- Q&A for LGPS Members Investment reform
- Newsletters for Employees
- General Updates for All