Worcestershire Local Government Pension Fund
Important - Issues affecting Teachers and Hereford and Worcester Fire Authority Pension Payments
We are very sorry that the payment scheduled to hit the account on 29 April will now credit bank accounts on Wednesday 4 May.
We apologise for this and should you incur any additional bank charges as a result of this, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government or working for other employers participating in the Scheme and for some councillors.
The Worcestershire County Council Pension Fund administers the LGPS on behalf of the Local Government Employers and certain Admitted Bodies in the administrative areas of Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
The membership currently comprises 21,000 current members, 16,000 pensioners and 16,000 former contributors with an entitlement to a deferred pension. There are currently 150 employing bodies in the scheme.
Useful links for employees
Useful links for employers
Pension related sites
- Department of Communities and Local Government
- Employers’ Organisation for Local Government
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Regulations
- National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF)
- Pensions Regulator
- Scottish Widows
- The Pension Tracing Service
- The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)
- The Pensions Ombudsman
Other related sites
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Equitable Life
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- HM Treasury
- Local Government Association
- National Insurance Questions & Answers
- Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI)
- Public Service Information Online (DirectGov)
- State Pension Age Calculator
- Welfare Rights Service