Worcestershire County Council, as the Local Authority responsible for education provision, has agreed a policy for Home to School Travel.
Those covered by this policy include:
- Children of compulsory school age attending a maintained school.
- Those children registered at a maintained school, in a reception class who have not attained compulsory school age.
- Students continuing with study at either a college or school sixth form.
- Pre compulsory school aged children with recognised Special Educational Needs and attending a special school or specialist unit funded by the County Council.
The policy covers:
- Eligibility for free travel.
- Assistance available for those not entitled to free travel.
- Procedures for applying for travel.
- The appeals process.
- A code of conduct for pupils and students using travel arranged by the County Council.