What is our purpose
The main purpose of Worcestershire Safeguarding Adults Board is to promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of harm for people with care and support needs. We do this by;
- Seeking assurance that our partners listen to the voice of the person at risk
- Seeking assurance that Worcestershire safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and supporting statutory guidance
- Seeking assurance that safeguarding practice carried out by organisations in Worcestershire is person-centred and outcome-focused
- Work collaboratively in order to prevent abuse and neglect where possible
- Seek to ensure that agencies and individuals give timely and balanced responses when abuse or neglect is identified
- Assure our self that safeguarding practice in Worcestershire is continuously improving and that we are enhancing the quality of life of adults within our local communities.
What we do
We work at a strategic level to monitor the effectiveness of the safeguarding work carried out by all of our partner members and partner agencies. We also seek to promote a culture within the County that recognises the values and principles contained in ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’.
How we do it
The Worcestershire Safeguarding Adults Board provides a forum for agreeing strategic objectives in relation to:
- Development of strategic objectives
- policy development
- guidance for agencies and commissioners of services
- how the board takes forward its role in partnership with other boards and partner agencies
- We publish a three year strategic plan that is reviewed annually with consultation
The Board is made up of several key partner organisations in Worcestershire. In order to carry out the annual objectives arising from the strategic plan. The work of the Board is supported by 5 sub-groups. These each work toward specific areas of the annual objectives.
The Board are required to publish Annual Report highlighting how the Board has performed for year.
WSAB is always looking at improving ways that it can share information with and get feedback from people in Worcestershire. One of the ways it looks to do this is through its Virtual Network.
The Virtual Network is a forward way of thinking which enables WSAB to consult with professionals and members of our local communities including services users and carers. The feedback received can then be evaluated and directly influence policies and guidance produced by WSAB. This can include things like the WSAB 3 year strategy, its annual business objectives and policies and guidance that directly influence service providers in Worcestershire's policies such as;
- Worcestershire County Council,
- Worcestershire Health and Care Trust,
- Clinical Commissioning Groups in Worcestershire
- Worcestershire Hospital Acute Trust
- West Mercia Police
One of the best things about the Virtual Network is that it is not labour intensive.
We recognise that Worcestershire’s communities hold a wealth of knowledge and insight that we would really like to utilise but also know that not everybody has the time or resources to attend meetings. As all communication takes place virtually, via email and the internet, WSAB is able to benefit from people's knowledge, skills and experience in a way that does not inconvenience those providing their insight.
Join our Virtual Network and help shape the way Worcestershire Safeguards its local communities. Visit www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/X59SKL7
For all media enquiries relating to Worcestershire Safeguarding Adults Board please contact 01905 844146 or SafeguardingAdultsBo@worcestershire.gov.uk