Eligibility for Concessionary Fares

If you are a resident in Worcestershire you are entitled to a bus pass if one or more of the following apply:

  1. If you are a pensioner
  2. If you are disabled
  3. If you need a Companion Pass

Proof of Eligibility

In order to prove your eligibility, all applicants will need to provide the following:

  • A passport style photograph
  • Evidence of permanent residence in Worcestershire. For example: Council tax bill, Utility bill, Bank statement, TV licence, Driving licence.

Pensioner Pass

You can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the female State Pension age, whether you’re a man or a woman.

The age of eligibility for concessionary travel is therefore:

  • For women = pensionable age
  • For men = pensionable age of a woman born on the same day

The Government Services website Gov.uk has published guidance on the change in age of concessionary travel.

Additional requirements if applying for a Pensioner Bus Pass

You will also need to supply evidence of age, for example:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Driving licence

Disabled Pass

  • You are blind or partially sighted
  • You are profoundly or severely deaf
  • You are without speech
  • You have a disability or injury which seriously impairs your ability to walk
  • You do not have the use of both arms
  • You have a learning disability
  • You have had your driving licence refused or revoked on medical or physical grounds

Additional requirements if applying for a Disabled Bus Pass

Please see here for the requirements needed to evidence your disability.

Companion Pass

  • You require a companion to travel with you

Additional requirements if applying for a Companion Bus Pass

  • Proof of DLA high rate mobility level 8 PIP and proof of care or equivalent.

Speak to one of our advisorsChat