Concessionary Bus Pass Eligibility

If you are a resident in Worcestershire you are entitled to a bus pass if one or more of the following apply:

Please note: In order to prove your eligibility, all applicants will need to provide the following:

  • A passport style photograph
  • Evidence of permanent residence in Worcestershire. For example: Council tax bill, Utility bill, Bank statement, TV licence, Driving licence.

Pensioner Pass

You can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the female State Pension age, whether you’re a man or a woman.

The age of eligibility for concessionary travel is therefore:

  • For women = pensionable age
  • For men = pensionable age of a woman born on the same day

The Government Services website has published guidance on the change in age of concessionary travel.

Additional requirements if applying for a Pensioner Bus Pass

You will also need to supply evidence of age, for example:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Driving licence

Disabled Pass

You may be eligible for a disabled concessionary buss pass if you:

  • are blind or partially sighted
  • are profoundly or severely deaf
  • are without speech
  • have a disability or injury which seriously impairs your ability to walk
  • do not have the use of both arms
  • have a learning disability
  • have had your driving license refused or revoked on medical or physical grounds.

To qualify, you will need to provide proof of one of the following:

  • proof of disability (e.g. higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance)
  • personal Independence Payment (with a score of 8 or more on the mobility component)
  • proof of registration with Adult and Community Services (Learning disability/mental health)
  • proof of receipt of special education i.e. 'a copy of your statement of Special Education Needs (SEN)' or copy of  an 'Education Health Care Plan'  EHCP
  • evidence that a Driving License has been refused/revoked on Medical Grounds
  • medical evidence (proof of specialist consultant involvement).

Companion Pass

A companion pass can be attached to a disabled bus pass where care and support is required at all times. This entitles a second person to travel free of charge with the pass holder. To qualify you will need to provide proof of one of the following:

  • proof of higher rate care component of Disability Living Allowance
  • personal independence payment (score of 8 or more on the care component to qualify)

Do you have more questions?

Speak to one of our advisors