If you are a resident in Worcestershire you are entitled to a bus pass if one or more of the following apply:
Please note: In order to prove your eligibility, all applicants will need to provide the following:
- A passport style photograph
- Evidence of permanent residence in Worcestershire. For example: Council tax bill, Utility bill, Bank statement, TV licence, Driving licence.
You can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the female State Pension age, whether you’re a man or a woman.
The age of eligibility for concessionary travel is therefore:
- For women = pensionable age
- For men = pensionable age of a woman born on the same day
The Government Services website Gov.uk has published guidance on the change in age of concessionary travel.
Additional requirements if applying for a Pensioner Bus Pass
You will also need to supply evidence of age, for example:
- Birth certificate
- Driving licence
You may be eligible for a disabled concessionary buss pass if you:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability or injury which seriously impairs your ability to walk
- do not have the use of both arms
- have a learning disability
- have had your driving license refused or revoked on medical or physical grounds.
To qualify, you will need to provide proof of one of the following:
- disability Pass
- proof of disability (e.g. higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance)
- personal Independence Payment (with a score of 8 or more on the mobility component)
- proof of registration with Adult and Community Services (Learning disability/mental health)
- proof of receipt of special education i.e. 'a copy of your statement of Special Education Needs (SEN)' or copy of an 'Education Health Care Plan' EHCP
- evidence that a Driving License has been refused/revoked on Medical Grounds
- medical evidence (proof of specialist consultant involvement).
A companion pass can be attached to a disabled bus pass where care and support is required at all times. This entitles a second person to travel free of charge with the pass holder. To qualify you will need to provide proof of one of the following:
- proof of higher rate care component of Disability Living Allowance
- personal independence payment (score of 8 or more on the care component to qualify)