About Concessionary Fares
The Concessionary Fares Scheme offers eligible elderly and disabled people free travel on off peak local bus services anywhere in England. Off peak hours are between 9.30am until 11.00pm Monday to Friday and all day weekends and bank holidays.
Once you have completed your application you can expect to receive your new Concessionary Travel Pass within 28 days (unless we require any further information from you, in which case we will be in touch).
If your pass is due to expire, or it has been lost, damaged or stolen:
Please see our guidance on what you will need to apply to ensure you have all of the details you will need to make your online application.
- If you are renewing your pass it must be due to expire within the next three months or have expired within the last 2 months (if your pass expired over 2 months ago then please submit a new application.)
- If you have lost or damaged your pass then there will be a £5 replacement fee which can be paid securely via our online payment system using a credit or debit card.
- If your pass has been stolen then you will be asked to provide a Crime Reference number.
Concessionary Travel Changes
- You will be able to use your bus pass for free travel on local bus services anywhere in England between 9.30am and 11.00pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Free travel is only available between 09.30 and 23:00 on weekdays and all day on weekends and Bank Holidays. Passes will be accepted on some infrequent services before 09.30, please follow this link to view the bus timetables.
- You will be able to use your bus pass on Community Transport and Dial-a-Ride schemes that affiliate with the Concessionary Travel Scheme and receive a discount of £1 per journey on your fare. Residents of Malvern Hills District will receive an additional subsidy of £1 per journey, funded by Malvern Hills District Council.
- Worcestershire County Council will continue to allow free travel to companions of disabled residents who meet additional criteria and this will be extended to Community Transport and Dial-a-Ride schemes.
- Worcestershire County Council will not issue Transport Tokens. This will affect some residents of Wychavon and Wyre Forest.
Concessionary Travel Scheme
Download the Concessionary Travel Scheme leaflet