Before you start check if you are eligible
A companion pass can be attached to a disabled bus pass where care and support is required at all times. This entitles a second person to travel free of charge with the pass holder. A person with a companion pass can use a bus with or without the companion.
The disabled pass holder needs to make the application. Proof of eligibility is stated below.
If you qualify you should apply a minimum of 28 working days before you need your new bus pass.
You will need the following
Please note: In order to prove your eligibility, all applicants will need to provide the following:
1. A photograph of yourself
- The photo should be a passport style photo, which is focused on the face, and in colour
- You can read about photograph requirements in the How to Upload Photos section on the concession website
- If you are unable to upload your photograph then you can post a photo to us however please be aware that posting your photo may delay the processing of your application. Postal details are available at the end of this page
2. Proof of address in Worcestershire
Choose one of the following:
- a copy of your driving licence
- a copy of a utility bill from within the last year
- a copy of a bank or credit card statement from within the last year
- a copy of a Council Tax bill from within the last year
3. Proof of Eligibility
To qualify, you will need to provide a copy of proof of one of the following:
- proof of higher rate care component of Disability Living Allowance
- personal independence payment (a score of 8 or more for the "planning and following a journey" activity)
Help with your online application
If you need time to collect the evidence together, or are helping a relative you can download and print the Disabled Bus Pass with Companion evidence and eligibility criteriabefore you make the application online.
During the application process there will be an option to upload the documents requested. Help on how to do this is provided within the application or see our Photo Upload Help pages for more information.
Please note: If you already have a Disabled Bus Pass (without a companion), you will NOT be able to apply online. Therefore, please email your name, address, current bus pass number, and proof of eligibility to ConTravelAdmin@worcestershire.gov.uk or post them to the address at the bottom of this page. If you are eligible for a companion pass, you can expect to receive your new pass within 28 working days, and your current pass will be cancelled automatically.
Once you have completed your application you can expect to receive your new pass within 28 working days (unless we require any further information from you, in which case we will be in touch).
If you are unable to submit your photograph or evidence online:
You will need to complete the online application and then please clearly write the online reference number (which you will receive on completion of your online application) on the reverse of all correspondence along with your name and postcode.
Please post to:
Concessionary Travel Customer Services Administration Team
PO Box 895