World War 1 Resource Packs
- War Memorials (Key stage 2 or key stage 3)
- Worcestershire Home Front (Key stage 2 or key stage 3)
- Letters from the Front (Primarily Key stage 4, but could be adapted for use with other years)
Geography of Riverside Settlements
This Geography module explores local archaeological evidence for the arrival of prehistoric communities into the Worcestershire region. It is designed to follow on from lessons which have examined the influence which successive ice ages have had on the physical landscape and, its main theme, is concerned with how river courses and natural resources have shaped human settlement from pre-agricultural times, through to the first farming communities.
- Pre Farming Communities Lesson 1
- Pre Farming Communities Lesson 2
- Farming Communities Lesson 3
- Farming Communities Lesson 4
Although the lesson plans target the Key Stage 3 study of Rivers and Settlements, the full resource makes it possible for teacher and pupil to explore the module more deeply, either in set project work, or by returning to it for aspects of the GCSE study of Settlements.
Download the Glossary for the Geography of River Settlements
Deserted Medieval Villages
Details of the teaching pack on the Key Stage 3 History Module:
Deserted Medieval Villages - Grafton Flyford (A Case Study)
This whole pack is available as a three PDF documents:
They are also available as a set of three Powerpoint presentations, all of which can be downloaded below. To use accompanying teacher's notes open Powerpoint, right click for edit slides, go to view and select notes page.
- Part 1 Grafton Flyford (PowerPoint file)
- Part 2 Grafton Flyford (PowerPoint file)
- Part 3 Grafton Flyford (PowerPoint file)
WAAS has digital copies of the comprehensive teaching resource 'Return to the Source' for primary schools with local studies for the Romans, Saxons and Tudors. Please contact us for further information.
Web based learning resources and maps
- Information Exchange: Links to local and national organisations with helpful resources about archaeology, quarrying and education
- Online Archaeology Library: Access to archaeological reports relating to town and country in Worcestershire
- www.wyac.co.uk/clubs/worcestershire: Worcestershire branch of the Young Archaeology Club
- www.yac-uk.org: National Young Archaeology Club
- Tithe and Enclosure Project: Information about historic maps of parishes in Worcestershire
- www.old-maps.co.uk: For historic maps.