All of our libraries are accessible to all users and most have the following facilities:
- Adjustable height desks for computers
- E-books that are adaptable
- Hearing loops (available in most libraries) contact your local library for more information
- Parking for disabled people contact your local libraries for more information
- Ear defenders are available and a quiet, safe place if needed for customers on the autistic spectrum. Download the Autism Friendly Library Service Standards
Assistive technology to help people with visual impairment
Each library has one PC with Dolphin Software to provide magnification, a screen reader, easy book access and accessibility software to support people with glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and other types of sight loss.
Each Dolphin PC has a scanner to enable documents to be scanned and enlarged if required. It is free to use so please ask a member of staff for help.